Lalelei Tausala Lealiifano
Born May 21st, 2011

Well, where to start...I woke up on Friday morning and said, "today is the day!" I took a shower, did my hair, and made sure I looked good. I did things around the house and just sort of waited for contractions to start. My husband came home around five and I was starting to feel contractions. I took a walk with Kylie and made it down the street before my contractions started to hurt. I set the clock and timed the contractions for an hour. They were still going strong so we packed the bags and dropped the girls off at a friend's house. We checked in the hospital around 8:30pm and just waited.....the Dr came in, popped my water and they gave me my epideral. It felt wonderful :) The nurse told us it would probably take a while so Atu and I drifted off. I got about twenty minutes of sleep before I called the nurse to check me. She said you are totally ready. She called the Dr.....and BOY did he take his time. I was trying to hold this girlie in. He happened to see the head and then started rushing to put his gown on.... I thought, FINALLY. I pushed for a contraction and she slid right out. Apparently, the pressure had build up behind her because the remaining fluids came out like a a fountain and the Dr almost dropped my baby. It even made Atu jump out of the way but, at least the baby didn't land on the floor :) She came out a healthy 7lbs 1 oz and 19 inches long. She had a little bit of dark hair. We are still watching to see her eye color, right now it's slate.
No comments:
Post a Comment