6/5/11

Autumn's new BABY

Sadie Elizabeth Iverson was born Wednesday, April 27th, 2011 at 12:06 am  

The labor and delivery went really well except one little hiccup.  I started having contractions Tuesday afternoon around 2:00 pm and I thought my water broke.  I called Dan around 4:00 pm and he came straight home and soon we were off to the hospital. When we got to the hospital it took awhile to check in but by the time we did I was dilated to a 4 and they told me my water hadn't broken yet.  They weren't sure if they were going to admit me so they decided to wait a little bit.  By the time they checked me again, maybe an hour later I was at a 5 and the contractions were a lot harder.  This was probably 8:00 pm.  They started my antibiotics since I was strep B positive.  I wanted an epidural so around 9:00 pm the anesthesiologist came in and was putting the epidural in when he told me I was going to have a major headache the next day.  Not a good thing to hear from an anesthesiologist!  Apparently, he missed where the epidural was suppose to be and as a result I got a spinal tap.  Well, he attempted again and got the epidural in the second time and soon after I felt really great :)  By midnight I was dilated to a 10 and I only pushed twice and Sadie came out.  She weighed 7lbs. 1 oz and was 18 inches long.  We love our little Sadie lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment