2/1/11

Annalise Geniel Castillo

Born January 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm...while I was watching The Nate Berkus Show. Luckily, I was on an epidural so I didn't know that she was basically ready to come while I watched my design show. I was induced at 8 that morning and got my drugs after a few painful contractions. (I LOVE modern medicine!) The nurse checked me at 2:50 and 8 minutes later Annalise was born. Super easy and uncomplicated delivery. She weighed 7 pounds and 9 ounces (almost a full pound more than Nora) and 20 inches (an inch taller than Nora, too). She has been a really sweet baby so far. I had forgotten how much little newborns squawk and make sounds like sighs. She's so precious to us and Nora seems rather taken also. She keeps running up to her and saying "baby!" and then "ANNA!". She yells her name everytime, but we're happy Nora can say that since she is only 18 months. People keep asking where I got the name, so I thought I'd share it here. I found the name is the book The Hidding Place that I borrowed from Kim Young...(or was it Brita's?) and I fell in love with it. I liked it because it was an combination of my sister Dianna's name and Todd's sister Alicia's name. Geniel is Todd's grandma's name. I hope my little Annalise will have all the amazing qualities of these outstanding and strong women.

No comments:

Post a Comment